Labour & Delivery
We are pleased to be given the opportunity to be involved in your care. We hope this information proves valuable in providing you with a general framework for your prenatal course and delivery.
We are an established group of family physicians that provides low-risk maternity care services to patients in Calgary. Our group delivers out of Rockyview General Hospital where our physicians are available for around-the-clock coverage for our patients. We perform prenatal care out of a collective of offices within the surrounding region of the hospital.
When Should I Go To The Hospital
- Water Breaking (sudden large gush of fluid, or a persistent leak of clear fluid)
- Onset of Labour (contractions <5 minutes apart, lasting a minute per contraction, and taking your breath away)
- Vaginal Bleeding (bright red blood from the vagina)
- Decreased Fetal Movements (5 or less movements over a 2 hour period)
- All After-Hours Concerns
- After 36 weeks of pregnancy, your physician will provide you with a copy of your pre-natal record. Please ensure that you have this on hand at all times. While we attempt to ensure that your files are sent to the hospital in advance of your delivery, your copy is often the most up to date.
Packing for the Hospital
- Alberta Personal Health Card and other insurance cards (e.g., Blue Cross)
- Alberta Prenatal Record (given by your health care provider)
- Housecoat, slippers, pajamas or other comfortable clothing (many women choose to wear the hospital gowns)
- Maternity Underwear
- Nursing Bras
- Toiletries, (Shampoo, Conditioner, Floss, and Shampoo)
- Feminine Pads (Always®, Kotex®)
- Cell Phone and Charger
- Clothing to Wear Home (loose fitting)
- Black pen (to fill out forms)
Ask Your Family Doctor For A Referral